MICHAEL FOUNTAIN READING NEW STORIES MONDAY NIGHT AT THE RED LION PUB, CHICAGO
MONDAY NIGHT, APRIL 10 at TWILIGHT TALES, Upstairs at
THE RED LION PUB
2446 N LINCOLN AVE., CHICAGO
Yrs. Truly (Man About Town, Student of Mystery, White Bluesman, Editor of Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica, and Love Child of Beatrix Potter and Edgar Allen Poe) will be reading:
* A new crime/horror story, "Binky Wasn't Ever Going to Get Up"
* A non- fiction excerpt illustrated with pretty pictures, "Tarot Without Superstition"
* And a short fantasy: "Ogopogo, or the Sea-Serpent Redemption"
Also appearing will be JJ PIONKE with
"Gender Bending Gaijin Dreams with Poetry-- A fiction-writing academic, JJ brings Twilight Tales a mix of everything Monday night."
CHICAGO'S RED LION PUB:
* built in 1882 when Lincoln Park and DePaul were nothing but farmland
* haunted by a score of Chicago's finest ghosts
* just across from the Biograph Theatre, where Dillinger was fingered by the Lady in Red and shot in the alley by G-Men
* Reputedly inhabited by eight (8) count 'em eight ghosts-- including the retarded girl who smells like lavendar, Sharon who blocks the door to the upstairs ladies room, the dark bearded man killed over a gambling debt
THE TROUBLE BEGINS AT SEVEN.